Monday 1 September 2008

Sanctimonious FAIL

I was being a bit of a prude on Cynical-C yesterday and posted this:

BOBTHEMULsays:
Billy Connolly is real nasty piece of work… Most people have forgotten how he heartlessly joked about how he was bored with the fact Ken Bigley’s captors had not killed him yet.
*The 61-year-old comedian told a London audience during an on-stage live performance that he wished Mr Bigley’s captors, who have threatened to behead the British engineer as they have two Americans, would “get on with it”. *
Most people have just let this slide… maybe they are the type of people who like having a giggle at a man being beheaded?


I’ve always thought Billy Connolly is a very funny guy but I also think he’s been a wee bit of a shit at times in his life. So in a fit of I MUST TELL THE WORLD something, I posted the above. I cringe at reading the last paragraph though…. It’s so DAILY MAILish…. *groan*
But at least the reply(s) cheered me up.
Geoff Leopard says:
PARP


Geoff Leopard says:
That’s because Connolly is one of the very few people on this planet that realises that people die daily, and that life goes on.
If you’re going to get sanctimonioous about someone, make it someone you’re not inferior to, chum!

Geoff leopard says:
sanctimonisous*
I’ve been drinking - what’s your excuse? Are you just naturally thick?


Geoff Leopard says:
“Sanctimonious”
Christ.


Geoff Leopard says:
FUCKNG CHRIST, FUCKING SILLY FINGERS

No comments: